Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's about time....

Well....I started out the new year thinking that I would create a blog page to keep all of my family and friends up-to-date with what is happening with us down in Tampa, but after looking at my last entry (in May)....I'm not doing so well. Sorry. Alot has been going on since May. May was kind of crazy month because after Mother's Day we received news that our pastor was killed in a plane crash. This was a devastation for our whole congregation and has taken alot of dedication from the staff to keep the ship running, but with God's help, we have.

Just this past Sunday morning, early in the morning, we received word that our Worship Pastor had experienced a second heart attack (was at home recovering) and was not able to be revived. So, we are left with ministering to a hurting church family...one that doesn't understand why these sorts of things happen-I don't understand. But we were changed with a wonderful message tonight at his Celebration of Life service...we don't have to know, but God is in control and He will always be the answer to any of our questions. For those of you that know and love us, please be in prayer about these recent events. So many positive things are going on here and we feel that Tampa is a wonderful ground for many to receive Christ and begin a new journey with the Savior. This is our mission field.

With all that said, Chris is gone to Peru for the next week and a half. This is his first out-of-country mission trip and he was excited. I don't know that we will know what to do without him here, but it is good to miss each other! He will be training people in "house church" ministry down in Peru. I look forward to hearing all of the stories that I'm sure he will come home with.

Hopefully it will not be quite so long for another blog.

Until next time,
Sonya

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Welcome back, Sonya! I have missed seeing your posts, so I'm glad you're back. I have been reading some of Chris' - when did he become such a deep thinker!? Ha! We'll be praying for your church family...
Melissa Bozeman

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy