Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some time by myself

Well...it has been strange having some down time during the night, without Chris here. He left on a mission trip last Tuesday (9 days ago) for Peru and this is the first time in our marriage (7 years) that we have ever gone more than a day without speaking. That, by far, has been the hardest part of the whole trip! He was able to call us for a few minutes until Emma hung up on him-Yikes!

But I have gotten some time by myself, especially in the evenings...which I am not at all used to getting. Emma has started school and I am having to get her in the bed at an early hour and without Chris being here to talk to at night, I have found myself actually spending some much needed time catching up on my blog page, facebook, watching The Notebook (my all time favorite movie) and reading! Wow...actually time uninterrupted! Those times are few and far between with a 4 1/2 year old around these days.

No comments:

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy