Saturday, May 10, 2008

Changes...

I wish that I was one of those people who loved changes! I'm just not. I have always been that way. Mom used to tell me stories of how I needed to know how things were going to be and heaven help us if I didn't know what to expect. I mean really....how contrary to life is that! Life for us is ever changing. I am doing a little bit better with those sudden changes now that I am almost 30 years old, but there are times in my days that I revert back to being a little girl, at heart, that just wants to know when things are going to happen and what is coming next.

Just the other day, I was trying to find my way to a doctor's appointment and got lost in downtown Tampa! To make things worse, my cell phone went dead so I was really stuck! I just began praying! I needed help and NOW. I felt that the Lord was trying to tell me to learn to deal with the unexpected. Learn how to handle life when I doesn't quite happen like we would like it to and with GRACE. Enjoy the experience instead of getting stressed out. Life goes by so quickly and we really should enjoy even the changes that we don't like to see what the Lord is trying to bring out in us. Patience. Trust. Forgiveness. Love. Joy. Heart-change.

As I am learning to deal with my changes, that is my prayer. I want to enjoy what is set before me and not hope for anything other that God's best for me. So, this week, I am going to try to enjoy the changes that He has brought my way. Hard, yes! Totally against my make-up, but we will see what "change" teaches me.

1 comment:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

good stuff. Im the complete opposite. well not entirely.. but being married to a hispanic has helped me learn to go with the flow. ha!

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy