Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let's get this place ready....


Well...we have been painting our house this week (and when I say "paint" I mean every square inch of it!) but we are enjoying watching it transform before our eyes. The home that we are moving into was a parsonage that had been locked up and vacant for a year. So, when we first saw it, we needed to have a vision for the way it would look with a fresh coat of paint and some cleaning! I have really enjoyed seeing how everything is coming together.


To even be getting a home ready is funny for us to think about, because just a few months ago we didn't even know if we were going to stay in Florida. God just seemed to begin to open doors for us and bless us. He never works as we think He will, which is nice to know. He knows the best plan for us. If it were up to me....I probably would have chosen a much different plan for my life, but have missed out on the biggest blessings.


My family knows how "change" affects me. As a little girl, I didn't like much change. In fact, change usually caused me to break down into tears. Mom told me that I needed to know what was coming in my schedule and that I didn't like to be caught off-guard. Boy....how life seems to make you "change". I am learning that no matter where we go and what we do....there is change involved. I am just asking the Lord to help me adjust to all the new and different things in my life. He has been faithful, kind and good to me. In the Word, it says: "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper, to give you a hope and a future." He knows that it is human nature to just stay in the same routine and do the same things over and over again. But that doesn't stretch us. To really change something in our day-to-day life will stretch us. What will my "change" be and how will it affect me on the inside? How will I be able to use it to minister to those around me? Will I "change" those around me.....

6 comments:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

oh you will definately have to post pictures of the inside of this cute house..

i love that God is "changing" you reaction to 'change"
lol!

Stephany Dedman said...

Chris & Sonya,
We are so happy for you guys. It is so good to see you guys allowing the Lord to use you wherever He needs you. You guys have always been so willing even when it's hard. We have been praying for your ministry and your family and we can see His blessings for you. We love you and appreciate you keeping us informed with your ministry. We hope to see you guys soon.

The Dedman's

Beth said...

Hi Sonya! How exciting! Oh, we did sooooo much work on our first little house there in T'ville, just to move in. Then we did a LOT more work later to improve it. THEN, we moved away. Oh well!

Do give us pics of the inside!

Little Bit looks a lot like her daddy to me!

Beth

Justin said...

How bout some inside pics? I need to see what my room looks like... LOL.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
geauxcory said...

Amber and I miss you guys so much and look forward to the day when we can serve together. We're wanting to see about coming to Tampa sometime as well. loving the blog.....check us out at cdveuleman.blogspot.com. see you later!

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy