Sunday, January 6, 2008

Diddy would be proud!

Those of you that know me know that I had a special name for my sweet Dad-Diddy. It was my Southern way of changing around vowels to just put any 'Ole one there that I thought worked! It was a way of telling him that I loved him and he loved it. Boy...I sure do miss him. I miss his hugs, his mustache that tickled you when he kissed you on the cheek, holding his hand, calling him on the phone, talking about anything and everything, traditions, hearing about his new favorite restaurant, having him keep the peace, golf, our old house, new gadgets, and the list could go on and on. Dad brought so much to our family and the void still is felt by his absence. I hate that he can't be here to have the relationship with his grandchildren. He would have loved watching them play and crawl up into his lap. "Bob-o, watch this!", I can hear them say to him. What a heritage we have to pass to our kids from their precious grandfather, Bob-o. A man that loved traditions and a good sappy movie more than any other man that I have ever met. We remember him today, the fourth year anniversary since his death. I have thought about him practically every day since that awful day and I can't imagine that I will ever stop. That's the mark on true relationship! The kind that doesn't fade with days, months or years. I hope to make him proud by passing on the lessons to Emma that he taught to me. I miss you, Dad!

3 comments:

Ms. Mess said...

I do too.

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

what a beautiful tribute. What a great man. I know he would love your precious little girl. And I know he would love the kind of mother you are! He would be so proud of you, Sonya.

It seems silly to others but sometimes Im playing with my kids and I imagine that my parents are somehow watching in the room. And I wonder what they are thinking... would they be proud? Would they recognize that my one year old is as stubborn as I was at that age, etc. Somehow it helps me feel that they are "there." Anyhoo.. Thanks for sharing such a sweeet tribute.

Unknown said...

Hi Sonya Sweetie,

Thanks for sending me your blog...now I can keep up with you guys!

Got to tell you....I would love to know your "Diddy's" full name and where he grew up. Looks like someone I knew long ago in school.

Amazing how much you and Emma look alike too. She's just beautiful!

Let me know. Sweet, sweet story you shared. I know you miss him very much.

The Lord has great plans for you! I can't wait to see what a blessing 2008 will be!

Love you Sweet Friend!

Denie

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy