Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter on the Beach


It was fun today going to the beach! Fridays are sort of our "family days". With Chris pastoring-it's important for us to guard our time together and make those days the most initimate as possible. So, today we had a great idea of getting Emma's annual Easter pictures done at the beach, and while we were there we made an afternoon of it. It was so much fun.

We got there and little Emma hit the beach running. She definitely is just like her Nana. She couldn't even wait for the sunscreening to be over so that she could hit the water (it was still cool) and begin building a sandcastle. I began helping her, but just like she doesn't want any of my help (we've hit the I'M INDEPENDENT STAGE-who am I kidding; she's always been like that)she figured that she could do it herself! So we went for a walk and picked up sea shells. As we walked, I explained to Emma that each sea shell had a story....just like God purposed for each of us. She quickly caught on and began making up her own stories as we walked on. Chris laughed at us while we made up our own stories as to how and why the shells looked like they did.

We left the beach for a little bit to get a bite to eat and then came back when the sun was setting to catch Emma in action. In my mind, I could imagine the most beautiful Easter pictures, but those of you that know her know that she doesn't stand very still to pose, but I think that I got a few. It was fun none-the-less.

1 comment:

LyssetteKennemore said...

So glad to see you so happy! Things here in Newnan are going well with one exception. Long story short, i had a spinal tap done monday and in 3 weeks we will find out if i have MS. please be praying for me and my family. you know how picky i am about who prays for us, so i am hand picking you and chris lol...seriously, i am really scared and nervous and need all the prayers i can get. we miss you and i'm glad things are going so well for you all...

Son's New Year's Resolutions

  • Be a better parent
  • Be a better wife
  • Help to lead someone to the Lord
  • Travel somewhere that I have never been
  • Be more disciplined in my devotions
  • Exercise for heaven's sakes
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Manage my time better
  • Read one book completely
  • Eat healthy